Here are some tips to help you or your clients avoid multitasking:
1) Always practice “single tasking” when having a serious or important conversation.
2) Find time in your schedule to focus on important or complex projects – either each day or several times a week.
3) Turn off the email notification signal on your computer, and check your email only two to three times a day. It may be hard at first but you will benefit from avoiding “urgency sickness”, and you will get more done and feel less stressed.
4) Get an annual rest from technology. Try to have a week free of checking your email and/or business voice mail.
5) Avoid being a 24/7 kind of person. Those who are all work and no play burn out quickly.
6) Make dinner or family meal time sacred. Don’t answer the phone, turn off the TV, Cell phones and MP3 Players during this time.
If you have any other ideas or suggestions, add some comments.